- Polymer 3 and its nice tutorial
- Starter kits for a responsive app or a PWA
- A big collection 3rd party webcomponents. And an upcoming standard set of components based on Material Design. Personally I am still not sure if I love or hate Material Design.
- It is using lit-html for HTML templating. I wasn’t that fond of it, until I discover the lit-html extension for Visual Studio Code. I am addicted to syntax highlighting.
- Polymer IDE is another nice VSCode extension. Code completion, linting and other helpful IDE features.
- Blogposts, Videos & Talks
I think I will write some blog post about my adventures with Polymer. Currently I am looking into combining it with Cordova and writing a web component, that allows drawing and sketching with an Apple Pencil.
Recently I bought a Fuji X100F – a wonderful retro style camera. I absolutely love it, even though I am still struggling to master it. I like to share some links, that I found helpful recently.
- The camera is absolutely beautiful. And it deserves a cute strap. I got mine from Hyperion Camera Straps. Handmade, affordable and stylish.
- Everyone has one, so I needed a soft release button, too. Mine is from JCC.
- Ian MacDonald shared a nice tutorial how he configured his X100F for street photography. I followed his advise more or less.
- I also like the two articles by the Broketographers about tweaking the Acros film simulation for street photography.
I found this honest review quite helpful.
- If you prefer to watch videos, then this post by Fujiaddict might be for you – reviews and tutorials
Hopefully, I can publish some nice photos soon.
Python 3.6 has been released just before Christmas. A great new release of my favorite programming language!
It includes some nice additions to the language: f-strings, asynchronous generators, asynchronous comprehensions, asyncio has been stabilized and a lot more.
Here are some handy links to get up to date with this new release.
Image credit: Quinn Dombrowski. Shared under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic license.